The courses and events listed below are organized by the doctoral education network and by other institutions. They are usually open to everybody.
Courses organized by the doctoral education network:
Courses organized by other organizations:
A list of international summer schools and other intensive courses in 2016 and 2017. Information about interesting summer schools is very welcome.
Previous courses organized by the education network:
- October 29.-31., 2018: Prof. Carlos Antunes: Multi-Objective Linear and Integer Programming
- November 5.-7., 2018: Professor Afzal Siddiqui: Real Options and Financial Engineering in Energy Markets
- August 29.-31., 2017: Prof. Emeritus Björn Wahlström: Systeeminen turvallisuuden suunnittelu ja johtaminen
- August 29.-31., 2016: Prof. Emeritus Björn Wahlström: Systeeminen turvallisuuden suunnittelu ja johtaminen
- March, 2015. Study group: Negotiation Strategies and Skills
- May 7.-8., 2014: Prof. Srinivas Talluri: DEA Based Approaches and Their Applications in Supply Chain Management
- May 19.-26., 2014: Prof. Ralph L. Keeney: Value-Focused Thinking and Decision-Making
- October 29. - November 2., 2012: PhD Afzal Siddiqui (Department of Statistical Science, University College London): Real options and financial engineering in energy markets
- June 4.-5., 2012: Prof. Frank Schweitzer (Chair of Systems Design, ETH Zürich, Switzerland): Agent-based modeling of social systems
- June 6.-10., 2011: Prof. Panos Pardalos (Department of Industrial and Systems Engineering, University of Florida): Deterministic Global Optimization: Algorithms, Applications, Software Issues.
- August 29.-30., 2011: Prof. George Papavassilopoulos (School of Electrical and Computer Engineering, National Technical University of Athens, Greece): Special Topics in Stochastic Optimization:.
- April 26.-28., 2010: Mr. Tianyang Wang (McCombs School of Business, University of Texas at Austin): Real Options Pricing and Decision Trees Applications.
- May 17.-21., 2010: Prof. Leonidas Sakalauskas (Institute of Mathematics and Informatics, Vilnius, Lithuania): Stochastic Programming and Applications.
- May 24.-26., 2010: Prof. David L. Olson (University of Nebraska-Lincoln): Enterprise Risk Management.
- March 16.-18., 2009: Dr. Melvyn Sim (NUS Business School), Robust Optimization
- September 28.-29., 2009: Efficiency Assessment and Portfolio Decision Analysis
- February 26.-29., 2008: Prof. Mike Jackson (University of Hull), Systems Thinking
- March 31.- April 1., 2008: Prof. Bertrand Mareschal (Université Libre de Bruxelles), Outranking Methods for Multicriteria Decision Aid
- May 21.-22., 2008: Prof. Srinivas Talluri (Michigan State University), DEA Based Approaches and Their Applications in Supply Chain Management
- September 15.-26., 2008: Prof. Herbert Moskowitz (Purdue University), Quality Management and Six Sigma Fundamentals and Advanced Concepts/Applications
- January 15.-16., 2007: Prof. Theodor Stewart (University of Cape Town), Structuring and Behavioural Issues in MCDA
- September 4.-6., 2007: Trends and Developments in Decision Analysis
- February 6.-9., 2006: Prof. Yves Balasko (Paris-Jourdan Sciences Economiques), Welfare economics: An introduction to recent developments
- March 27.-29., 2006: Prof. Alan Porter (Georgia Tech), Analysis of Emerging Technologies
- August 1.-9., 2006: Prof Murat Köksalan (METU), Multiple Criteria Decision Making
- May 16.-18., 2005: Prof. Ortwin Renn (Universität Stuttgart, Institut für Sozialwissenschaften, Abteilung für Technik- und Umweltsoziologie), Second series of "2004-05 Advanced Topics in Policy Analysis" on "New approaches to risk manegement and communication with emphasis on systemic risk"
- May 23.-27., 2005: Prof. Kalyanmoy Deb (Indian Institute of Technology), "Evolutionary Algorithms for Optimization"
- May 26.-27., 2005: Prof. Emery Roe (Director, Public Policy Program, Mills College, Oakland), Third series of "2004-05 Advanced Topics in Policy Analysis" on "Reconciling Ecosystem Management and Service Reliability"
- November 18.-19., 2004: Prof. Luke Georghiou (Director of PREST, University of Manchester), First series of "2004-05 Advanced Topics in Policy Analysis" on "Explorations in Research Policy, Evaluation and Foresight".
- August 23 - September 1, 2004: Prof. Istvan Maros (Imperial College, London), "Advanced Computational Techniques of Simplex Method"
- May 12.-23., 2003: Prof. Jussi Keppo (Michigan University), "Financial Engineering, Continuous Time Finance"
- May 5.-6., 2003: Prof. Peter M. Kort (Tilburg University), "Strategic Real Option Theory"
- November 8.-9., 2002: Prof. Jonathan Rosenhead (London School of Economics), "Problem Structuring Methods"
- May 21.- June 3., 2002: Prof. Jussi Keppo (Michigan University), "Financial Engineering, Continuous Time Finance"
- May 27.-30., 2002: Prof. Luis Valadares Tavares (Technical University of Lisbon), "Strategic Analysis and Risk Management"
- January 28.- April 12., 2002: Prof. Leena Suhl (University of Paderborn), "Simulation"
- May 25.- June 2., 2001: Prof. Jussi Keppo (Michigan University), "Financial Engineering"
- April 23.-26., 2001: Prof. Peter Bogetoft (Royal Agricultural University, Copenhagen), "Incentives and efficiency evaluation"
- March-April, 2001: Prof. Ralph Keeney (University of Southern California, USA), Prof. Jim Corner (University of Waikato, New Zealand), Prof. Martin de Jong (Delft University of Technology, Netherlands), Prof. Jyrki Wallenius (Helsinki School of Economics and Business Administration), Prof. Raimo P. Hämäläinen (Helsinki University of Technology): "Topics in decision and policy analysis"
- October-December, 2000: Prof. R. Ramanathan, "Special topics in decision making: Data Envelopment Analysis (DEA)", SAL, HUT
- August 23.-25., 30.-31., 2000: Dr. Jussi Keppo, Columbia University, "Johdannaisinstrumenttien hinnoittelu"
- August 21.-23., 28.-29., 2000: Dr. Benjamin Hobbs, Johns Hopkins University, "Electric Power Markets: Process and Strategic Modeling"
- March 28-31, 2000: Dr. Michael Breitner, TU-Clausthal, Germany, "Dynamic Pursuit-Evasion Games: History, Theory, Numeric Solution and Real Life Examples"
- January-April, 2000: Dr. Sangita Kulathinal (National Public Health Institute of Finland), "Nonparametric statistical methods" SAL, HUT
- October-December, 1999, Dr. Jussi Keppo (Columbia University), "Energia- ja rahoitusmarkkinat" SAL, HUT
- November 15-19, 1999, Prof. Jim Corner and Dr. Andrew Stirling, "Topics in behavioural decision making and risk management" SAL, HUT
- September 6-30, 1999, Prof. Rob van den Honert (University of Cape Town, South Africa), "Queuing Theory Models and Discrete Event Simulation" SAL, HUT
- August 16-20, 1999, Dr. Jussi Keppo (Columbia University), "Johdannaisinstrumenttien hinnoittelu" SAL, HUT
- April 15, 1998, Prof. J. Broenink (University of Twente, Netherlands), Tutorial on Bond-Graph Modeling and Simulation
- May 12-20, 1998, Prof. G. Feichtinger (University of Technology, Vienna, Austria): Optimal Control of Economic Dynamics
- May 12-June 11, 1998, Prof. S. Narula (Virginia Commonwelth University, USA), Design and Analysis of Comparative Experiments
- May 30 - June 3, 1998, Short Course on Evolutionary Algorithms in Engineering and Computer Science, EUROGEN99, Jyväskylä
- November 20, 1998, Seminar "Operaatiotutkija uusilla sähkömarkkinoilla" organised by Finnish Operations Research Society , Helsinki
- December 1998, The Fourth Noon2nooN Seminar on Decision Science and Applications, Helsinki
- July 28 - August 8, 1997, The International Summer School on Multicriteria Decision Aid: Methods, Application and Software, organized by Institute for Advanced Management Systems Research (IAMSR), Abo Academi university.
- December 15-17, 1997, The Third Noon2nooN Seminar on Decision Science and Applications, Lappeenranta University of Technology
- May 1996, Prof G. Anandalingam (University of Pennsylvania, USA): Modeling and Optimization in Telecommunications Network Design
- October 1996, Prof Milan Zeleny (Fordham University at Lincoln Center, USA): World Class Management Systems and Management Sciences: Selected ResearchTopics
- December 1996, The Second Noon2nooN Seminar on Decision Science and Applications, University of Jyväskylä
- Prof Herbert Moskowitz (Purdue University, USA): Total Quality Management
- Prof Subhash Narula (Virginia Commonwelth University, USA): Design of Experiments