The research teams emphasize both basic research in systems analysis and operations research as well as applied research in industrial projects. In basic research, we have active contacts with a number of foreign research teams. Our industrial contacts are domestic and we have had joint projects and active cooperation with several firms and governmental agencies.
- Professor Ahti Salo: Efficiency analysis, Risk analysis, Systems analysis, Operations research. Research Outputs and Activities.
- Professor Harri Ehtamo: Optimization and game theory modelling and numerical algorithms, integer programming. Research Outputs and Activities.
- Professor Esa Saarinen: Applied Philosophy, Systems Intelligence, Inspirational Lecturing. Research Outputs and Activities.
- Professor Kai Virtanen: Discrete-event simulation including simulation-optimization and simulation metamodeling, Dynamic optimization and games, Human performance in complex systems, Military operations research including combat modeling and simulation, Multicriteria and spatial decision analysis including Bayesian networks and influence diagrams. Research Outputs and Activities
- Professor emeritus Raimo P. Hämäläinen: Multi-Criteria Decision Making, Game Theory, Environmental decision making, Systems Intelligence, Systems analysis, Experimental Economics, Mathematical Modelling, Operations research, Decision making. Research Outputs and Activities.
- Professor Fabricio Oliveira: Optimization, Operations Research, Mathematical Programming, Stochastic Programming and Robust Optimisation, Energy Systems Modelling, Production and Supply Chain Management. Research Outputs and Activities
Research project home pages:
- Robust portfolio modeling (RPM)
- Environmental decision making
- Computer support - Decisionarium
- Systems intelligence
- e-Learning MCDM
Previous descriptions of our research:
- Dynamic games, large scale systems and optimization
- Decision making, systems thinking and decision support
- Energy, resources, and environment
- Mathematical programming and industrial applications
- Biological systems analysis