The research teams emphasize both basic research in systems analysis and operations research as well as applied research in industrial projects. In basic research, we have active contacts with a number of foreign research teams. Our industrial contacts are domestic and we have had joint projects and active cooperation with several firms and governmental agencies.
- Professor Ahti Salo: Efficiency analysis, Risk analysis, Systems analysis, Operations research. Research Outputs and Activities.
- Professor Harri Ehtamo: Optimization, Systems analysis, Operations research, Game Theory, Integer programming, Numerical Simulation, Simulation. Research Outputs and Activities.
- Professor Esa Saarinen: Applied Philosophy, Systems Intelligence, Inspirational Lecturing. Research Outputs and Activities.
- Professor Kai Virtanen: Discrete-event simulation including simulation-optimization and simulation metamodeling, Dynamic optimization and games, Human performance in complex systems, Military operations research including combat modeling and simulation, Multicriteria and spatial decision analysis including Bayesian networks and influence diagrams. Research Outputs and Activities
- Professor emeritus Raimo P. Hämäläinen: Multi-Criteria Decision Making, Game Theory, Environmental decision making, Systems Intelligence, Systems analysis, Experimental Economics, Mathematical Modelling, Operations research, Decision making. Research Outputs and Activities.
Research project home pages:
Previous descriptions of our research: